Job offersmore »
- Retail Chain Manager - Russia
- Business Advisor - China
- Nursery Manager (Container Plants) - Australia
- Nursery Operations Manager - Australia
- Packing Facility Manager - AU
- PRODUCTION MANAGER - Finland
- Electrical Engineer
- Service Engineer
- Farm Manager - Australia
- Greenhouse Manager / Head Grower, Bermuda
Top 5 - yesterday
- “Genetically speaking there’s a lot of potential to change fresh produce flavour”
- EU-Canada trade agreement enters into force
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- Fruitsapp officially launches its platform
- Irma could be costly for US growers as only 34% of vegetable crops insured
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
“To feed Asia, it requires innovation in fresh food supply chain technology”
Total Active Environment, ship safer food with longer shelf lifePurfresh is the perishable supply chain solution that increases freshness, improves food safety, reduces waste, and provides high return. Purfresh Total Active Environment™ provides an active environment for supply chain monitoring and control of perishable commodities. The customers benefit from longer shelf life, improved nutritional content, and increased food safety, further reducing waste in the extended supply chain, according to the company.
Purfresh Intelli-Reefer controllers snap onto any existing refrigerated cargo and provides precise control of all the environmental factors that affect product yield, safety and quality including temperature, humidity, and atmosphere (CO2, O2, ethylene, O3) Intellipur, monitors and controls all of these factors via satellite. This gives their customers the ability to control the outcome of their perishable commodities while on ocean transit.
The benefit to Asian countries is that now they have greater access to perishable goods from around the world. They are able to take advantage of year round fresh produce for their consumers.
“To feed Asia, the world’s largest and fastest growing population center requires innovation in fresh food supply chain technology. Using Total Active Environment our customers are shipping grapes from the US in the Summer and blueberries from South America in the winter into Asia. The result is fresher, safer food with longer shelf life delivered economically.” - Brian Westcott, CEO Purfresh
Visit Purfresh at Asia Fruit Logistica in Hall 3/D-02/9.
For more information:
Maria K. Ralph, Director of Marketing
Tel: 650-319-1160 ext 318
Publication date: 8/28/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: