Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- New Zealand company creates robots for horticulture
- Maersk outlines techniques to preserve quality of blueberries during shipment
- Hydroponics, focusing on nutritional value per hectare
- NZ: The apple varieties putting the focus back into taste
- Fresh Del Monte Produce to buy back $300 million in outstanding shares
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Innovation, Reinvigoration, Community
PMA Fresh Summit returns to New OrleansThis year’s Fresh Summit Convention & Expo has been designed to make it easier for attendees to find the innovative ideas that keep businesses ahead of the curve, and to connect with other attendees who have similar interests during Produce Marketing Association’s (PMA) 2013 Fresh Summit convenes Oct. 18-20, returning to New Orleans, La., USA for the first time since 2002.
Key highlights of this year’s event include:
Future-focused general sessions featuring author Peter Sheahan on creative strategies for turning challenge into opportunity and change into competitive advantage, innovator Mat Shore on the seven deadly sins of innovation, and PMA President and CEO Bryan Silbermann’s popular annual State of the Industry address.
A new Innovation @ Work destination will incorporate popular Fresh Summit staples, including the New Products Showcase with its Just 4 Kids section, Impact Awards for Excellence in Packaging, and Sensory Experience recipe contest finalists. New this year, the New Products Showcase will feature a Digital Innovations section, including mobile applications and software.
Last year’s popular two-day expo format will return. The expo will also feature a new Floral Pavilion, to provide a destination for floral buyers and sellers.
Attendees can again personalize their experience by connecting with communities based upon their specific business interests: Science & Technology (including food safety), Global Connections and Industry Talent. Meanwhile, first-time attendees can tap into new resources designed to help maximize their experience online and onsite. Women in produce can come together to network and learn at Friday’s PMA Foundation Women’s Fresh Perspectives Leadership Breakfast.
“How fitting that a convention focused on innovation and change is being held in New Orleans, a city that has itself been reborn from challenge,” said PMA’s Silbermann. “We are looking forward to celebrating fresh produce in a city that is world famous for its food culture.”
What’s not changing: Fresh Summit is still the place the global fresh produce supply chain comes together, with more than 20,000 attendees expected from more than 60 countries.
For complete details, visit www.freshsummit.com. Early registration discounts are available through Sept. 13; advance registration closes on Oct. 4. On-site registration will be available at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center beginning on Oct. 17.
For more information:
Tel: +1 (302) 738-7100, ext. 3092
Publication date: 8/20/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: