Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New York Apple Growers and Cornell University rename apple breedsNew York Apple Growers, LLC and Cornell University will unveil the names of the apple variations, that have up until now only been known as NY1 and NY2, on Thursday, August 1, according to a release.
The apples were developed by Susan Brown, apple breeder and horticulture professor at Cornell University’s who also developed Autumn crisp and Fortune apple varieties. The names for the apples have been developed after extensive consumer research by the New York Apple Growers involving taste tests and surveys.
The unveiling will take place at 12:15 p.m. at Cornell’s annual Fruit Field Days at the New York State Agricultural Experiment Station’s Fruit and Vegetable Research Farm South, located at 1097 Country Road No. 4 in Geneva, New York. The rest of the Fruit Field Day will involve tours of tree fruits as well as grapes, hops, and other fruits.
Publication date: 8/1/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: