Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
Univeg back in Hein Deprez's handsUNIVEG Group, Europe's market leader in fresh produce, has announced today that its founder, Hein Deprez, has again gained control of the group. In 2009, Investment CVC took a 50 percent stake in Univeg, which was extended to 70 percent later.
The Deprez family, along with the current management, entered into a partnership with a consortium of European and South African families to acquire 100% of the UNIVEG group. Hein Deprez takes on the role of Executive Chairman of the group, Francis Kint assumes the role of Chief Executive Officer, and Koen Sticker, Chief Financial Officer. All other key management positions remain unchanged.
At the announcement Hein Deprez thanked the outgoing CEO and CFO, Theo de Kool and Davide Bustreo for their achievements. He further stated that, "The UNIVEG Group remains committed to its long-term growth strategy whilst continuing to refine the
quality of both our produce and our services for our customers and suppliers in Europe and throughout the world."
Publication date: 7/30/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: