Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico: Fearsome yellow dragon invades Southern Yucatan
More than 14,000 acres of citrus in the Yucatan region are at risk by the advance of the yellow dragon.
The Plant Health Committee in Yucatan (Cesvy), reported that the Mexican municipalities where this disease of citrus has been detected are Tzucacab, Akil and Oxkutzcab.
Sagarpa, in conjunction with the Ministry of Rural development of the State of Yucatán, is visiting several populations affected by the disease.
The disease progresses slowly, the effects take months to start being noticeable once the bacteria enters a tree: they block the circulatory systems and prevent nutrients from arriving to the leaves and fruits.
Publication date: 6/25/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: