Job offersmore »
- Junior Buyer / Seller - Spain
- Product Manager - Netherlands
- Technical Support Specialist - USA
- Manager Product Development - UK
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Graduate Grower - Tomatoes - Australia
- Crop advisor - Canada
- Horticultural and Hydroponic Sales Specialist - Western Canada
- Greenhouse Manager Tomato and Strawberry - Azerbaijan
- Algemeen Directeur
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico: Fearsome yellow dragon invades Southern Yucatan
More than 14,000 acres of citrus in the Yucatan region are at risk by the advance of the yellow dragon.
The Plant Health Committee in Yucatan (Cesvy), reported that the Mexican municipalities where this disease of citrus has been detected are Tzucacab, Akil and Oxkutzcab.
Sagarpa, in conjunction with the Ministry of Rural development of the State of Yucatán, is visiting several populations affected by the disease.
The disease progresses slowly, the effects take months to start being noticeable once the bacteria enters a tree: they block the circulatory systems and prevent nutrients from arriving to the leaves and fruits.
Publication date: 6/25/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: