Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - United States
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- South African navel exports from Eastern Cape possibly 50% down
- North American company selling Spanish cherries to Asian countries
- Saturated apple markets mean difficult year for South African exports
- “South African grapefruit arrives on empty market”
- “Asian vegetables are no longer a niche product”
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico: Fearsome yellow dragon invades Southern Yucatan
More than 14,000 acres of citrus in the Yucatan region are at risk by the advance of the yellow dragon.
The Plant Health Committee in Yucatan (Cesvy), reported that the Mexican municipalities where this disease of citrus has been detected are Tzucacab, Akil and Oxkutzcab.
Sagarpa, in conjunction with the Ministry of Rural development of the State of Yucatán, is visiting several populations affected by the disease.
The disease progresses slowly, the effects take months to start being noticeable once the bacteria enters a tree: they block the circulatory systems and prevent nutrients from arriving to the leaves and fruits.
Publication date: 6/25/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: