Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico: Fearsome yellow dragon invades Southern Yucatan
More than 14,000 acres of citrus in the Yucatan region are at risk by the advance of the yellow dragon.
The Plant Health Committee in Yucatan (Cesvy), reported that the Mexican municipalities where this disease of citrus has been detected are Tzucacab, Akil and Oxkutzcab.
Sagarpa, in conjunction with the Ministry of Rural development of the State of Yucatán, is visiting several populations affected by the disease.
The disease progresses slowly, the effects take months to start being noticeable once the bacteria enters a tree: they block the circulatory systems and prevent nutrients from arriving to the leaves and fruits.
Publication date: 6/25/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: