- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Ready-made salad producer offers lighter Thanksgiving dinner option
- "Perfect" Coachella weather conditions give region advantage
- Mexico: Nogales no longer top spot for tomato shipments
- UK: May's deal to fix Irish question regarding Brexit
- Ukraine: Will ultra large apple harvest bring profits to the farmers?
Georgia Blueberry Commission announces recipe contest
Georgia Blueberry fans are invited to create and photograph an original recipe using Georgia Blueberries. Submissions will be posted on the Georgia Blueberry Commission’s website and Facebook page for voting.
Contestants are encouraged to share information about the contest with family and friends to gain more votes. Recipe submission and voting will begin on June 1 and continue through June 30. Winners will be announced on July 8th.
The recipe creator with the most votes will win $500. Contestants who receive the second and third most votes will receive a Sweet Georgia Blues Basket (includes blueberry jams, autographed cookbook, etc) and an autographed copy of Hugh Acheson’s A New Turn in the South Cookbook, respectively.
“June is the peak of our season and we want consumers to be as excited about Georgia Blueberry Month as we are,” explained Joe Cornelius, chairman of the Georgia Blueberry Commission. “Hosting this month-long recipe contest is a great way to do that. Plus, we’re looking forward to seeing all the new recipes we can try! ”
According to the Georgia Farm Gate Value Report, blueberries make up nearly 40% of all fruits grown in the State and have an estimated value of $134 million, compared to just $22 million a decade ago. Georgia is one of the largest blueberry-producing states in the United States and boasts the longest season from mid April to the end of July.
Full of antioxidants, Georgia Blueberries are a delicious way to lower cholesterol and decrease your risk of heart disease and cancer. They’re high in fiber, contain no fat and at just 80 calories per cup, Sweet Georgia Blues are an easy and convenient snack or an excellent addition to nearly any recipe.
For more information please visit www.GeorgiaBlueberries.org
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-14 Greeks extend European grape season
- 2018-11-13 Poland: Free apples handed out in Warsaw and Lublin
- 2018-11-12 First impressions on the Italian kiwi season
- 2018-11-09 India – Decline in apple imports 9 percent year-on-year - pear imports 4 percent
- 2018-11-09 Waking sleeping plants with plasmas
- 2018-11-07 Large Moldovan fruit producer launches brand for apple exports
- 2018-11-07 Ukraine: Shortage drives pear prices up one a half times
- 2018-11-07 AU: Queensland research leads to new strawberry varieties
- 2018-11-07 Egypt’s agricultural exports up to 4.4 million tons
- 2018-11-07 New Zealand: 2018-2019 apple acreage forecast to be up 3 percent at 9,700 hectares
- 2018-11-07 Premium apple varieties drive sales
- 2018-11-06 Good retail relationships and quality will carry South African grapes through the season
- 2018-11-06 Punjab Food Authority: Do not print pictures of fruit on packaging
- 2018-11-06 Chile: 4.2 percent decrease in apple exports 2018/19
- 2018-11-06 Canada: 14 percent increase in apple production for MY 2018/19
- 2018-11-05 Austrian fruit farmers fight against 'unfair' price ratios
- 2018-11-05 Will Poland lose its leading position in the export of apples and concentrates?
- 2018-11-05 Fruit prices dropping in Georgia
- 2018-11-05 Iran imports peaches worth more than $4 million
- 2018-11-02 Analysis of sudden price increase for Chinese fruit