Job offersmore »
- Farm Manager - Vietnam
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Plant Specialist City Farming - Netherlands
- General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables - US
- Agricultural Research Manager - Italy
- Grower / Consultant Asia
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- General Manager - China
- Agronomist - Armenia
- Grower Manager UK – Climate & Nutrition
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Tomato and onion smuggling at the Brazilian border
Draughts affecting southern Brazil over the past few weeks and Argentina's attractive prices, measured in "blue" dollars, have led to an unusual form of smuggling at the national border, where it has become common to find Brazilians trying to smuggle tomatoes and onions to their country.
The phenomenon is causing concern among the neighbouring country's authorities, not only because of its economic consequences, but especially because of health issues, according to a report from the newspaper O Globo.
Publication date: 4/12/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: