Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Chile: Thousands gather to throw tomatoesAn estimated 7,000 people participated in the third annual "War of the Tomato" in the Chilean city of Quillon. Over 40 tonnes of tomatoes were used by the participants to throw at each other.
Local tomato growers supplied the fruits of their labour for the event, for the purpose of raising their local crop's national profile.
While similar events have been held in Colombia, Costa Rica and the United States, Quillon mayor Alberto Gyhra said that Quillon is the only location in the Americas that has had the event for three years running.
Publication date: 2/18/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: