Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Chile: Thousands gather to throw tomatoesAn estimated 7,000 people participated in the third annual "War of the Tomato" in the Chilean city of Quillon. Over 40 tonnes of tomatoes were used by the participants to throw at each other.
Local tomato growers supplied the fruits of their labour for the event, for the purpose of raising their local crop's national profile.
While similar events have been held in Colombia, Costa Rica and the United States, Quillon mayor Alberto Gyhra said that Quillon is the only location in the Americas that has had the event for three years running.
Publication date: 2/18/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: