Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
Chile: Thousands gather to throw tomatoesAn estimated 7,000 people participated in the third annual "War of the Tomato" in the Chilean city of Quillon. Over 40 tonnes of tomatoes were used by the participants to throw at each other.
Local tomato growers supplied the fruits of their labour for the event, for the purpose of raising their local crop's national profile.
While similar events have been held in Colombia, Costa Rica and the United States, Quillon mayor Alberto Gyhra said that Quillon is the only location in the Americas that has had the event for three years running.
Publication date: 2/18/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: