Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- California growers set out to fully assess wildfire damage
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Besana Group wins UK-Italy business awardV. Besana Spa, a food company based in Campania near Naples and leader in the production and distribution of nuts, dried fruit, seeds and chocolate, has been honoured with the "UK-Italy Business Award", an award conferred by the British government on Italian companies who have chosen the United Kingdom for their international expansion.
The Group, led by Giuseppe Calcagni and now present in European, American, Asian and African markets through various brands, including AlmaverdeBio (specializing in organic products), has received the “Long Term Investor” award. This accolade is in recognition of its presence in the United Kingdom since 1989 and to its fruitful business relationships with important local institutions.
“We are particularly proud of this award – explains Giuseppe Calcagni – because it highlights our achievements in the United Kingdom. Our group, founded as a family enterprise, is today an international player in the sector. The success attained and our historical presence in Great Britain are the catalyst toward our now investing in further projects thereby helping to develop and consolidate our activities on all 5 continents”.
In the medium term the British site plans to increase employment by 20% and make a further investment of GBP 5 million for a new chemical-free and environment-friendly production and distribution plant, creating a strong commercial bridge towards Central Europe and Africa.
The official ceremony for the UK-ITALY Business Awards took place in Milan at the Borsa Italiana (Italian Stock Exchange), in the presence of the British Minister for Business and Innovation Michael Fallon, the Italian Minister of Economic Development Corrado Passera, the British Ambassador in Italy Christopher Prentice and the CEO of Borsa Italiana Raffaele Jerusalmi.
UK Trade & Investment, the British agency promoting international trade development, has recognized the Besana Group who for nearly 25 years have been operating a strategic production and logistics site based in Upper Rissington, Gloucestershire, within converted aircraft hangars that formerly housed the Royal Air Force. Besana created this base to consolidate its business activity within the British and Northern European markets.
For more information:
Renato de Goyzueta
Tel: +39 081 8659317
Publication date: 1/25/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: