Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
Top 5 - yesterday
- Canadian growers shake their heads at talk of boycotting US goods
- Eden Agri Citrus: black farmers assume majority share-holding in packhouse
- First ever red sweet onions out of Walla Walla
- New Zealand: Exclusive avocado access to Australia under threat
- German specialist extending shelf life without preservatives
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Besana Group wins UK-Italy business awardV. Besana Spa, a food company based in Campania near Naples and leader in the production and distribution of nuts, dried fruit, seeds and chocolate, has been honoured with the "UK-Italy Business Award", an award conferred by the British government on Italian companies who have chosen the United Kingdom for their international expansion.
The Group, led by Giuseppe Calcagni and now present in European, American, Asian and African markets through various brands, including AlmaverdeBio (specializing in organic products), has received the “Long Term Investor” award. This accolade is in recognition of its presence in the United Kingdom since 1989 and to its fruitful business relationships with important local institutions.
“We are particularly proud of this award – explains Giuseppe Calcagni – because it highlights our achievements in the United Kingdom. Our group, founded as a family enterprise, is today an international player in the sector. The success attained and our historical presence in Great Britain are the catalyst toward our now investing in further projects thereby helping to develop and consolidate our activities on all 5 continents”.
In the medium term the British site plans to increase employment by 20% and make a further investment of GBP 5 million for a new chemical-free and environment-friendly production and distribution plant, creating a strong commercial bridge towards Central Europe and Africa.
The official ceremony for the UK-ITALY Business Awards took place in Milan at the Borsa Italiana (Italian Stock Exchange), in the presence of the British Minister for Business and Innovation Michael Fallon, the Italian Minister of Economic Development Corrado Passera, the British Ambassador in Italy Christopher Prentice and the CEO of Borsa Italiana Raffaele Jerusalmi.
UK Trade & Investment, the British agency promoting international trade development, has recognized the Besana Group who for nearly 25 years have been operating a strategic production and logistics site based in Upper Rissington, Gloucestershire, within converted aircraft hangars that formerly housed the Royal Air Force. Besana created this base to consolidate its business activity within the British and Northern European markets.
For more information:
Renato de Goyzueta
Tel: +39 081 8659317
Publication date: 1/25/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: