Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
- China: First ever large-scale domestic production of avocados to enter market in September
- Dutch launch first ever foreign pepper brand in China
- Conflicting reports about Russia importing Turkish tomatoes
- Criminals hack email of shipper for Dutch importer
- New technology helps reduce strawberry waste
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
French greenhouse grower introduces new labelsRougeline recently introduced its new line of labels. These feature both the origin and the grower of the product, but also the quality level. "For several years Les Paysans de Rougeline have proclaimed the French origin of their products," says Isabelle Rebrioux. "It was important to go one step further and to indicate the precise the location and the producer of each kind of product in order to meet the demand of the consumers."
"At the same time, the range has been segmented into 3 taste levels. The first one is “extra category”. Then a few products are selected and mentioned as “tasty varieties”. And the third level, “excellence gustative” corresponding to a premium."
"This year we launched an app. This is a new service for our clients: they can check the complete catalog, news about the brand and our commercial operations. It can be downloaded for free from the Apple and Android stores. It completes our website."
The company used to have QR codes, but they stopped them because people hardly used them. Now, they have a website and an app. “The app is not actually for consumers, but for our clients. They can check our strategy and range, for example. It can be downloaded for free from the Apple and Android stores. However, the app cannot be used to order products, it only gives information,” Isabelle explains.
The strawberry season started about three weeks ago, with the “gariguette”. “We have a very good product this year, the strawberries are very tasty and sweet, thanks to the mild and sunny weather in the last weeks of February in the South of France. Tomatoes are also all available again. We started our tomato season with cherry tomatoes a few weeks ago, and the heirlooms are now also available again,” Isabelle concludes.
For more information:
Tel: +33 553 205 165
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: