Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- New Zealand company creates robots for horticulture
- Maersk outlines techniques to preserve quality of blueberries during shipment
- Hydroponics, focusing on nutritional value per hectare
- NZ: The apple varieties putting the focus back into taste
- Fresh Del Monte Produce to buy back $300 million in outstanding shares
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Carrots can delay ageing
Carrots are not the Fountain of Youth, but scientists assure that their antioxidant properties can help delaying ageing, giving the skin a youthful appearance. They are also rich in vitamins and minerals.
Their high folic acid content (prevents anaemia and cardiovascular disease), falcarinol (reduces the chances of getting cancer), Beta-carotene (reduces the chances of developing lung or oral cancer) and vitamins make it one of the healthiest vegetables.
Their high Beta-carotene content also helps improve your vision and prevent blindness.
This wonderful vegetable is rich in vitamin B3; essential for the good functioning of the digestive and nervous systems. It also contains significant amounts of fibre, which helps accelerating intestinal transit and reduces constipation and bloating. It is very useful to eliminate colic and reduce gases. It helps expel gallstones and it is excellent to eliminate harmful toxins.
Due to the aromatic substances carrots contain, they are really good to stimulate your appetite and are frequently used by those suffering anaemia or depression.
This exceptional vegetable is diuretic, emmenagogue (facilitates menstruation) and helps in the destruction of kidney stones.
Publication date: 1/28/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: