Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Carrots can delay ageing
Carrots are not the Fountain of Youth, but scientists assure that their antioxidant properties can help delaying ageing, giving the skin a youthful appearance. They are also rich in vitamins and minerals.
Their high folic acid content (prevents anaemia and cardiovascular disease), falcarinol (reduces the chances of getting cancer), Beta-carotene (reduces the chances of developing lung or oral cancer) and vitamins make it one of the healthiest vegetables.
Their high Beta-carotene content also helps improve your vision and prevent blindness.
This wonderful vegetable is rich in vitamin B3; essential for the good functioning of the digestive and nervous systems. It also contains significant amounts of fibre, which helps accelerating intestinal transit and reduces constipation and bloating. It is very useful to eliminate colic and reduce gases. It helps expel gallstones and it is excellent to eliminate harmful toxins.
Due to the aromatic substances carrots contain, they are really good to stimulate your appetite and are frequently used by those suffering anaemia or depression.
This exceptional vegetable is diuretic, emmenagogue (facilitates menstruation) and helps in the destruction of kidney stones.
Publication date: 1/28/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: