Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Chile: US importers hope for large grape harvestUS importers needn’t worry about a shortage in table grapes this winter, as Chile has announced it had an excellent harvest. Chile was able to recuperate from last year’s dramatic reduction and is now back in the market.
The volumes are just in time to fill the voids left by a meagre Californian yield. John Pandol, member of Pandol Bros. Inc., Of Delano, California, said that the California harvest is generally available until December, but this year this was not the case. "The harvest stopped on November 17," Pandol said, adding that less than 5% remained of the California crop.
Tom Tjerandsen, CFFA representative for North America, said "we hope to have access to a great harvest until April," when the trade agreement concerning the Chilean table grape import is over. Both Tjerandsen as Pandol anticipate the pricing of the Chilean agreement, although neither expects that prices will stabilize before February. "If the value drops below the "high teens" the Chileans with cease export," Pandol concludes.
Source: The Packer, SimFRUIT
Publication date: 1/15/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: