Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
Potatoes in second place
UK: Carrots most important Christmas dinner itemSainsbury's "Pleasure on a Plate Index" has revealed that the most important Christmas dinner ingredient for the average Brit is the carrot.
The index, which acts as a barometer tracking the UK’s feeling towards festive products, asked adults to rate products across various criteria, including how gratifying and healthy they are, as well as their expense and how nostalgic they make people feel.
The research revealed that the humble carrot generates the most happiness, taking number one spot in the index, with second place going to the ever popular potato and turkey coming in third.
Publication date: 12/12/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: