Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Potatoes in second place
UK: Carrots most important Christmas dinner itemSainsbury's "Pleasure on a Plate Index" has revealed that the most important Christmas dinner ingredient for the average Brit is the carrot.
The index, which acts as a barometer tracking the UK’s feeling towards festive products, asked adults to rate products across various criteria, including how gratifying and healthy they are, as well as their expense and how nostalgic they make people feel.
The research revealed that the humble carrot generates the most happiness, taking number one spot in the index, with second place going to the ever popular potato and turkey coming in third.
Publication date: 12/12/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: