Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Potatoes in second place
UK: Carrots most important Christmas dinner itemSainsbury's "Pleasure on a Plate Index" has revealed that the most important Christmas dinner ingredient for the average Brit is the carrot.
The index, which acts as a barometer tracking the UK’s feeling towards festive products, asked adults to rate products across various criteria, including how gratifying and healthy they are, as well as their expense and how nostalgic they make people feel.
The research revealed that the humble carrot generates the most happiness, taking number one spot in the index, with second place going to the ever popular potato and turkey coming in third.
Publication date: 12/12/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: