Job offersmore »
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Spain is the number one exporter of fresh fruit and vegetables globally
- AU: Strong cherry production helps drive Tasmania's agri-food growth
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Monsanto launches Kalahari seedless watermelon videoThe Seminis ‘Kalahari’ Seedless watermelon developed by Monsanto for the Australian market is the newest edition to the Seminis watermelon portfolio.
A new online video discusses what sets ‘Kalahari’ apart from the two leading rival seedless watermelons which share the same genetics. ‘Kalahari’ combines quality attributes with a market leading disease package which includes high resistance to Anthracnose and intermediate resistance to Fusarium races 0 and 1.
To view the video click here.
“Monsanto invests heavily in research and development to bring new varieties to market that our customers haven’t seen before. We work with many growers across Australia to tailor to their needs, in the case of seedless watermelon we want to know what they need within their business and also what their customers require from them,” commented Troy Mulcahy, vegetables technology development lead for Australia and New Zealand.
John McBride, business development manager, David Grays, Western Australia says, “we know that when we open up a packet of Seminis seeds it’s a promise to deliver. The predictability of the seed and quality of the end product is what we are looking for, Seminis, De Ruiter and Monsanto can deliver that. It’s important for a grower to know that what is grown today is reliable and predictable. Crisp, lovely and sweet; and the yield is second to none, that’s Kalahari”.
Feedback from growers regarding the Seminis variety ‘Kalahari’ has been overwhelmingly positive. ‘Kalahari’ produces high quality fruit with consistent taste, texture and density.
“It’s really has been standing up to the conditions which it’s been thrown at it, so as a commercial grower that’s all you need in a product. If it stands up year in - year out and performs for you, then you’ll grow that product,” said Darryl O’Leary of Paramagh Farming, Chinchilla.
“Kalahari’ is perfect for those looking for a large, fast growing seedless watermelon with consistent uniform shape and beautiful intense flesh. ‘Kalahari’ is a juicy flavorsome option that has proved its reliability and consistency across Australia”.
For more information:
Monsanto Australia & New Zealand
Tel: +61 3 9522 7119
Fax: +61 3 9522 6119
Publication date: 11/30/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: