Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "US agriculture has failed to benefit from the Korean Free Trade Agreement"
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Photo report New York Produce show
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
AU: Parents vote bananas best of the bunch!Parents have given the thumbs up to Australian Bananas’ new advertising campaign, voting it the winner of the prestigious Parents’ Choice Award for promoting healthy eating to children.
Australian Bananas “No No Na Na” campaign was today announced the winner of the award as part of the annual Fame & Shame Awards held by The Parents’ Jury to recognise the best and worst in food advertising.
Australian Bananas Marketing Manager David Weisz said the banana industry was enormously proud to be recognised for promoting healthy food choices to children.
“Australian Bananas’ new ‘No No Na Na’ campaign carries a fun message that bananas are a great choice for an energetic lifestyle, and are a much better choice than processed snacks and drinks that only give a short-lived energy burst,” Mr Weisz said.
“We’ve had a great response to the ad so far and kids of all ages are responding to our message that junk foods are ‘No Nos’ and that ‘Na Nas’ are a much better option.”
Australian Banana Growers’ Council (ABGC) Chairman Doug Phillips said it was particularly pleasing to receive an award that was determined by the votes of Australian parents.
“We know how important it is to parents to see their children making the right food choices. It’s very rewarding for Australian banana growers to know our efforts to grow and promote a nutritious, healthy food are being recognised.”
The ‘No No Na Na’ advertising campaign was launched in August and features the iconic “Make Those Bodies Sing” jingle – one of the best known jingles in Australian advertising.
The Parents' Jury is supported by Cancer Council Australia, Diabetes Australia – Vic, the Australian and New Zealand Obesity Society, VicHealth and YMCA Victoria.
For more information:
Tel: +61 (0)7 3278 4786
Mob: 0428 038 330
Fax: 07 3278 4938
Publication date: 11/23/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: