Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Sweet grape tomatoes come in the form of Handy Candy
Handy Candy offers an innovative way to enjoy the sweetness of a grape tomato with the introduction of its Handy Candy grape tomatoes all conveniently packed in a 4 oz. resealable biodegradable cup. The product will be showcased at the upcoming Viva Fresh Expo, April 20 – 22. “We’re positioning it as a snacking alternative for health-conscious consumers – the person who would normally grab a candy bar or a pack of chips,” said Mike Prather of Handy Candy.
The product is available across the United States; Prather says they’re working on a Canadian deal and looking to fill deals in the northeastern part of the US and expand into the southwest. “We’re also looking to expand into blueberries and grapes,” said Prather.
This will be Handy Candy’s first time exhibiting at the show. “I’ve heard lots of good things about it from some of the retail base we’re selling to already. They’ve told us that they really enjoy it. We put a lot of effort in getting to these regional shows and we’ve found that getting out there and having face time with the retailers that are in those regions gets exposure on one-on-one deals.”
Stop by Handy Candy at booth #226 at the Viva Fresh Expo.
Handy Candy/Flavor Pic
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: